LVAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to add your event to the calendar.

2 posters

Go down

How to add your event to the calendar. Empty How to add your event to the calendar.

Post  Admin Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:42 am

If your post contains information about an event happening on a specific day (an opening, talk, presentation, open meeting, tour etc) you can make link so it appears on the calendar section of the forum.

To do this, first make sure you are registered and logged in; only members can post on the calendar. Then simply go to the 'calendar' section underneath the body of your post (after 'options') and

1. use the drop-down boxes in 'calendar event' to select the date of your event,

2. type in the start time of your event in 24hour clock language in 'hour of event' e.g if your event starts at 6.45pm put 18 in 'hours' and '45' in minutes.

3. Put the length of your event in 'During' section so if your event last from 6pm until 9pm you would enter 0 in 'days', 3 in 'hours' and 0 in 'minutes'.

4. When you press send to make your post appear on the forum it will automatically appear on the calendar. You can also add events directly to the calendar by clicking on the icon in the bottom-right of the box on the appropriate day.

**please use the calendar for one-off events only, i.e not for adding full durations of exhibitions, this will help to keep the calendar legible and a useful resource. Any additions to the calendar that don't adhere to this may be removed by the moderators**

If for some reason you can't access the calendar posting options despite being registered and logged in please send a PM to admin or one of the moderators who will look into it for you.

Admin
Admin

https://lvaf.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to add your event to the calendar. Empty Exhibiting for longer than a day?

Post  MarkoPho Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:38 pm

It's a good idea, what you are trying to do - but surely misses out the majority of exhibitions as they tend to run for longer than one day.

Is there some other way to post these, or aren't you catering for that market?

MarkoPho

Back to top Go down

How to add your event to the calendar. Empty Re: How to add your event to the calendar.

Post  Admin Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Hi marko,

thanks for the useful comments. Perhaps the guidelines for adding events to the calendar to make it clear that you are, naturally, welcome and encouraged to add information about exhibitions to the calendar. However, these should be submitted as one-off events (for example the opening and/or the closing) for purposes of keeping the calendar uncluttered and legible; otherwise most days will have exactly the same information and it will be difficult to pick out when new exhibitions and events begin.

Your point does highlight the need for a 'What's on at a glance' section - I'll have a look into that. Additionally, it might be worth pointing out that you are able to keep reminding people about your exhibition by ensuring it is replied to as a topic in the announcements section.

Thanks again for the feedback, any other comments welcome - the purpose of this forum is to be as useful as it can be so we will try and shape it to accommodate the users' wants and needs.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

How to add your event to the calendar. Empty still confused!

Post  laylabloom Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:55 am

Sorry, I'm a bit unsure of how to add events to the calendar, still. Are you only able to add these via a post? If so, I only have 'Add Poll' after 'Options'. Not clear how to get this onto the Calendar. Help?

laylabloom

Back to top Go down

How to add your event to the calendar. Empty Re: How to add your event to the calendar.

Post  Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:13 pm

Hi Layla,

I've just been through and double-checked the permissions. Is it any better now?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

How to add your event to the calendar. Empty thanks

Post  laylabloom Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:46 am

Yes! That's the trick...my test has worked.

laylabloom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down