LVAF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artist House

Go down

Artist House Empty Artist House

Post  anonyart Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:33 am

I remember going to a couple of things at Artist House run by Bryan and Laura Davies in the Round Foundry. I believe it's Pavillion now. They did some unusual stuff; lots of models of made-up futuristic buildings:

Shame they're not around there any more. Are they still in Leeds?

anonyart

Back to top Go down

Artist House Empty Artist House

Post  Yvonne Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:34 am

Don't think they are based in leeds anymore - they did do quite an impressive exhibition online, in keeping with what you might have seen at Artist House - check out - http://www.thewonderfulnorth.com/ if you haven't already.

Yvonne

Back to top Go down

Artist House Empty artist mouse

Post  derick Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:36 pm

I heard that they had renamed it 'artist mouse' and built a giant rodent with arts council money, which they then rode out of town and are now living in.

derick

Back to top Go down

Artist House Empty artist house

Post  bryan Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:25 pm

er these are mostly all untruths. Artist House ended because Igloo regeneration who owned the art space wanted money or a conventional gallery. Apparently RIBA were interested in the space as a bookshop, which could have been great, but no one told us at the time or we could have done a great collaborative art and architecture space and bookshop. However myself and Laura are still about in Leeds, our website is .

bryan

Back to top Go down

Artist House Empty website

Post  bryan Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:26 pm

bryan

Back to top Go down

Artist House Empty Re: Artist House

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down